As the holiday season draws near,
many Canadians will begin planning a festive get-together
for family and friends. The team at Canadian Tire have
put together entertaining ideas to add some flare to
celebrations this year.
• The table will be the focal point. Choose a festive
colour – red or cranberry is the hot colour this year
– then coordinate dinnerware, napkins, tablecloths and
glassware for an elegant look.
• Make a festive centrepiece by arranging glass ornaments
in a bowl or a tray with holiday candles.
• Personalize it. Place a name card at each setting
or a trendy shatter-proof ornament on each plate as
a special takeaway at the end of the evening.
• Serve finger foods that people can eat easily while
holding a drink. Food stations make for a more informal
• Adorn drinks with holiday-themed swizzle sticks and
attach wine charms to glass stems to add some flare
and help guests identify glasses.
• For a sleek look, Canadian Tire has a line of stainless
steel bar accessories complete with bottle openers,
utensils and drink shakers.
• Great way to celebrate and round-up tasty treats for
• Decide on the number of guests. Ask each person to
bring a dozen cookies or squares for each guest. Have
guests package treats individually and gather together
for a festive celebration to exchange goodies.
• Package up treats in holiday mugs, cookie jars and
recipe boxes from Canadian Tire or send guests home
with holiday-themed cookie cutters. A full range of
festive food storage and baking accessories can be found
• Perfect for those who enjoy the outdoors.
• Choose a local outdoor rink or arena and call ahead
to reserve space or find out public skating hours.
• In the spirit of the season, invite guests to bring
extra mitts, scarf or hat to donate to a local charity.
• Once the fresh air has worked its magic, invite guests
back for warm apple cider, hot chocolate or mulled wine
served in festive mugs and accompanied by some fresh,
About the author: