Host and Hostess Gift Ideas
As the holidays
draw near, many people will be receiving invitations
from family, friends and neighbours to get together
for some holiday cheer. Proper etiquette is to bring
a little something for the host or hostess. The holiday
gift team at Canadian Tire has a few suggestions on
how to pick a special something for the gracious host.
• Often people bring a bottle of wine. Why not complement
it with wine charms, festive swizzle sticks or a wine
topper? All are decorative and functional.
• Figure out how your host or hostess likes to spend
their time. For example, if they entertain often, get
something they can use when preparing or serving food
and drinks. Canadian Tire carries a line-up of stainless
steel bar accessories like bottle openers, drink shakers
and ice buckets, as well as serving dishes and platters.
• Find out your host's favourite scent and pick up a
candle, candle centrepiece, or scented oil in their
• Bring along a decorative picture frame, photo album
or photo box for the host to store holiday season memories.
• Think about your host's hobbies when shopping and
stop by a store like Canadian Tire that has pre-wrapped
gift baskets and themed gifts for the cook, do-it-yourselfer,
automotive, golf or hockey enthusiast.